Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. Physiotherapists treat people of all ages, helping them manage pain and using a number of methods to aid recovery. Some of the approaches they use include:
- movement and exercise – taking into account a person’s current level of health and their specific requirements
- manual therapy techniques – where the physiotherapist helps recovery by using their hands to relieve muscle pain and stiffness, and encourage blood flow to an injured part of the body
- aquatic therapy – a type of physiotherapy carried out in water
- other techniques – such as heat, cold and acupuncture to help ease pain
Physiotherapists help treat physical problems linked to a number of the body’s systems, including:
- musculoskeletal – bones, joints and soft tissues
- neuromuscular – the brain and nervous system
- cardiovascular – the heart and blood circulation
- respiratory – the organs that help you breathe, such as the windpipe, voicebox and lungs
Private Physiotherapy is available at Towcester Medical Centre On Tuesdays and Thursdays (morning and evening).
Marion Thom 07808 331386
Claire Gascoigne 07883 654280
If you have a condition that requires physiotherapy the GP will advise you of this and make a referral.
If you choose to have NHS Physiotherapy your GP will make a referral or you can self refer for NHS Physiotherapy – for further information on this click the following link Self Referral. Please be aware that timescales are between between 19 & 20 weeks.
If you choose to have Private Physiotherapy the GP can make a referral for this or you can self refer. Reception can book an appointment with either Marion or Claire for you for their next available time. The charges for private physiotherapy are £35 per half hour.