Midwives provide advice, care and support for women and their babies during pregnancy, labour and the early postnatal period. They help women make decisions about the care and services they need.
Our Midwife will:
- Monitor and examine women during pregnancy
- Provide full antenatal care, including screening tests at the surgery and booking hospital scans
- Identify high risk pregnancies and make referrals to obstetricians and other medical specialists
- Arrange and provide parenting and health education
- Provide counselling and advice before and after screening and tests
- Offer support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death
- Support and advise on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds
- Liaise with other agencies and health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care
Amanda Hammond is our Midwife and she holds clinics at Towcester Medical Centre on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Your first appointment with the Midwife should ideally be at 8 weeks of pregnancy. To book your first Midwife appointment you need to call Towcester Medical Centre. Please ensure you give the date of your Last Menstrual Period (LMP), if this is known, to the person booking your appointment.
Initial appointments are approximately an hour long. Subsequent appointments are approximately twenty minutes long and are booked directly with the Midwife at the end of each appointment.
To contact Annie Cutler directly call: 07824 476223
An emergency midwifery service is available to women after twenty weeks of pregnancy at the Maternity Unit in Northampton General Hospital: 07887 566 489