Our practice has the advantage of a branch surgery located in the village of Paulerspury just south of Towcester along the A5. For location click here Map to Paulerspury Surgery. There is a reasonable sized car park at the rear of the property.
At Paulerspury Surgery a range of different services are provided in the local community for patients who live further away from the main surgery in Towcester.
- During the pandemic there is only dispensary for medical prescriptions. At other times:
- A GP is available at Paulerspury Surgery five days a week. (During Coronavirus there will be no GP appointments available at Paulerspury). Under normal circumstances GP appointments at Paulerspury are for pre-booked appointments only. Emergencies are handled by the Duty Doctor in Towcester see link: Emergencies.
- There is a NURSE available for blood pressure readings and phlebotomy (bloods) every Tuesday morning. For more lengthy or complex nurse appointments e.g. diabetic reviews, cervical smears, smoking cessation etc. patients need to book an appointment with a nurse at Towcester.
- FLU CLINICS are held seasonally every autumn and winter for patients who need a flu vaccination.
- The DISPENSARY provides patients with medication and a repeat prescription service – see below for further details.
Paulerspury Surgery is a Dispensary for medicines for patients who live more than one mile from a pharmacy. This means patients can order and collect their medication from the surgery instead of travelling for over a mile to get to the nearest pharmacist. It also offers a monthly Repeat Prescription Service – click on the link for further details. For patients living more than a mile from their nearest pharmacy who would like to take advantage of this service please speak to the staff at Paulerspury.
For patients who pay for prescriptions, we can now accept card payments as well as cash or cheques.
For patients who are exempt from prescription charges we are required to check proof of exemption so we ask that this is brought in when collecting medications.
Paulerspury Surgery is open from Monday to Friday but is closed during the middle of each day and on Wednesday afternoons. For full details about opening times for Paulerspury Surgery click on the link Opening Times.
Booking Appointments and other Communication
Towcester Medical Centre and Paulerspury Branch Surgery operate on the same computer system and information is available across the two sites in real time.
Appointments can be booked for Paulerspury by calling Towcester Medical Centre and vice versa. Also information such as test results, prescriptions or other queries can be handled at both Towcester and Paulerspury surgeries. This can be helpful during times when the Paulerspury branch is closed or particularly busy as there is only ever one receptionist at Paulerspury but there are more staff at Towcester.